EPISODE #3 – RAY GOOD
Listed as one of the world’s Top 100 DJs in the 1990’s, Ray Good discovered meditation as a way to improve his own mental health, wellbeing and happiness after suffering burnout in his own life.
Today he is a meditation and mindfulness practitioner and coach, and founder of “The Good Place”, where he teaches simple and practical meditation and mindfulness techniques to others, in order to reduce stress, increase resilience, and improve productivity and performance.
Ray’s style mixes modern science and eastern philosophy. It’s evidence-based mindfulness and resilience training, backed with 28 years’ experience and the latest scientific research.
KEY POINTS DISCUSSED IN THIS CONVERSATION:
– The difference between meditation and mindfulness, and the neuroscience behind these techniques.
– The many benefits of these practices to improve mental health, wellbeing and happiness; especially in times such as these, when many of us are currently experiencing heightened stress levels and anxiety.
– The importance of having a routine, and setting patterns in our daily lives, including designating time for self-care, and “switching off” to recharge our minds.
– The potential negative impacts of social media in raising anxiety levels, including the dangers of being continually connected to technology.
– And the power of meditation and mindfulness in allowing us to take back control of our lives, and empowering us to make better decisions.
Ray also shares simple strategies that we can all incorporate into our daily lives, to improve our mental wellbeing, including the concept of 30 second to three minute “micro meditations”, which we can use to punctuate our day, and at the end of the discussion, Ray actually guides us through one of these micro meditations.
This conversation was recorded on Sunday 12th July, 2020.
YOU CAN ALSO LISTEN TO THE AUDIO-ONLY VERSION OF THIS PODCAST EPISODE.